For some royal aficionados here in Ontario, a trip to Buckingham Palace might seem out of reach right now. A province-wide lockdown and a pandemic with no clear end isn’t exactly conducive to a a relaxed visit to jolly, old England.
Well, worry not. On Friday, January 15, 2021, you can take a two and a half hour virtual tour of Buckingham Palace without leaving Northern Ontario.
Hosted by Virtual Tour – Live, guests will “learn the history and tour the majestic center of British Royalty” via a virtual guide.
Outlined and included activities are:
- an historical perspective on the palace and its creation
- its worldly significance since the 18th century
- an inside look at artwork held within
- tours of various State rooms, the grand staircase, the throne room and more
The tour has unlimited access but requires advanced registration, which you can access here.
For those with an interest in all things royal or viewers of the popular Netflix series The Crown, an historical drama focused on the life of Queen Elizabeth, this should be a grand event.
As a starter, we’ve included a video of the time British Royalty instead took to the Nickel City. Hear Prince Charles address our city, a brief march, Princess Diana taking a liking to Needjee the Beaver, and former Ontario Premier Bob Rae getting “his hand in on the beaver as well.”
Break out your fancy hats.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Houron February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is now hiring and believe it or […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Liston February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a top 10 Covid rules to live by list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public and […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceon February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowon February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateon February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneon February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredon February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Iton February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioon February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]