It wasn’t long after we got excited about Pizzeria Roma being a new pizza place that opened in New Sudbury that we heard they had a porketta sandwich for us to try. Adding a porketta sandwich to a woodier pizza place is certainly a game changer for pizza places, in our opinion.
What did we do about it when we heard the exciting news? Well, we tried it out! Since porketta and Sudbury are almost synonymous, we decided a proper review would be in order, while we were at it.
Pizzeria Roma is located in New Sudbury in the building at the corner of Lasalle Blvd. and Lansing Ave. To enter the wood-burning pizza oven restaurant you have to go to the back of the building to enter the door and go downstairs. They have all the Covid-19 protocols in place with plexiglass glass dividers and all staff had masks on.
We thought we would mention that just in case you had any concerns about the restrictions being followed.
On to the reason for the visit; the porketta sandwich. They masterfully had a lightly toasted bun that was about 8-10 inches long. they piled layers of porketta on it that ignited our taste buds and actually caused a little bit of drool prior to trying.
The sandwich itself was double wrapped in foil and that prevented any of the juices escaping the sandwich and leaking onto the car on the way home. The porketta was seasoned perfectly and wasn’t too salty at all.
The sandwich was a smashing hit, but there was one catch. The porketta sandwich made at the Pizzeria Roma is only available on Friday’s.
This isn’t a daily occurrence on the Pizzeria Roma menu. You will have to wait until Friday’s to enjoy this mouth watering delight. All in all, if you are looking for a restaurant style porketta sandwich, it will be hard to find one in Greater Sudbury that can compare.
There are other places with porketta sandwiches, but we are not sure of any are like this. That being said, if you are looking for a great way to smash back a great lunchtime meal that will have your tastebuds dancing, then you can certainly find this with the porketta sandwich at Pizzeria Roma.
Address: 1894 Lasalle Blvd.
Phone Number: (705) 222-ROMA (7662)
Price: $9 + tax
Thoughts: Definitely worth a try if you love porketta.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Covid-19 Vaccines Restart In Sudbury & This Is Who’s Getting Themby Trending on February 25, 2021
It’s been a long haul for Greater Sudbury when it comes to the Covid-19 vaccines. Before today the area that is covered by Public Health Sudbury & Districts has […]
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Hourby Trending on February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is hiring and, believe it or not, […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Listby Trending on February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a ‘top 10 Covid rules to live by’ list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceby Trending on February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]