It wasn’t long after we got excited about Pizzeria Roma being a new pizza place that opened in New Sudbury that we heard they had a porketta sandwich for us to try. Adding a porketta sandwich to a woodier pizza place is certainly a game changer for pizza places, in our opinion.
What did we do about it when we heard the exciting news? Well, we tried it out! Since porketta and Sudbury are almost synonymous, we decided a proper review would be in order, while we were at it.
Pizzeria Roma is located in New Sudbury in the building at the corner of Lasalle Blvd. and Lansing Ave. To enter the wood-burning pizza oven restaurant you have to go to the back of the building to enter the door and go downstairs. They have all the Covid-19 protocols in place with plexiglass glass dividers and all staff had masks on.
We thought we would mention that just in case you had any concerns about the restrictions being followed.
On to the reason for the visit; the porketta sandwich. They masterfully had a lightly toasted bun that was about 8-10 inches long. they piled layers of porketta on it that ignited our taste buds and actually caused a little bit of drool prior to trying.
The sandwich itself was double wrapped in foil and that prevented any of the juices escaping the sandwich and leaking onto the car on the way home. The porketta was seasoned perfectly and wasn’t too salty at all.
The sandwich was a smashing hit, but there was one catch. The porketta sandwich made at the Pizzeria Roma is only available on Friday’s.
This isn’t a daily occurrence on the Pizzeria Roma menu. You will have to wait until Friday’s to enjoy this mouth watering delight. All in all, if you are looking for a restaurant style porketta sandwich, it will be hard to find one in Greater Sudbury that can compare.
There are other places with porketta sandwiches, but we are not sure of any are like this. That being said, if you are looking for a great way to smash back a great lunchtime meal that will have your tastebuds dancing, then you can certainly find this with the porketta sandwich at Pizzeria Roma.
Address: 1894 Lasalle Blvd.
Phone Number: (705) 222-ROMA (7662)
Price: $9 + tax
Thoughts: Definitely worth a try if you love porketta.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Here Are 10 Wicked Golf Products That Are Perfect For Any Golferby Trending on June 20, 2022
When you hit the golf course this summer you won’t want to be left behind without some of the best The post Here Are 10 Wicked Golf Products That Are Perfect For Any […]
- 9 Things To Buy On Amazon To Make Your Sudbury Summer Amazing & You Won’t Regret Buying Any of Themby Trending on May 24, 2022
With summer coming in Greater Sudbury you might wonder what supplies or goodies you will need to fill the void The post 9 Things To Buy On Amazon To Make Your Sudbury […]
- Greater Sudbury Municipal Election Is Still Months Away & Candidates Are Starting To Trickle Inby Trending on May 7, 2022
Even thought the Municipal Election for Greater Sudbury is taking place this year the Province of Ontario still has to The post Greater Sudbury Municipal Election Is […]
- Elon Musk Seals The Deal To Buy Twitter For $44 Billionby Trending on April 26, 2022
In what amounts to some big news, not just for divided political junkies, but maybe even the future of free The post Elon Musk Seals The Deal To Buy Twitter For $44 […]
- Mike Tyson Apparently Comes Out Of Retirement To Lay A Beating On A JetBlue Passengerby Trending on April 21, 2022
‘Don’t antagonize the baddest man on the planet because you might just get you’re ass whooped’ was the lesson of The post Mike Tyson Apparently Comes Out Of […]
- Swiss Chalet Was Trending On Twitter & It Wasn’t Because Of The Chickenby Trending on April 8, 2022
Swiss Chalet was trending on twitter for the last couple of days now and surprisingly enough it wasn’t because of The post Swiss Chalet Was Trending On Twitter & […]
- We Answered The Age Old Question Of How Many Times Do You Flip A Grilled Cheese Sandwich?by Trending on April 6, 2022
Haven’t you always wondered how many times you should theoretically flip your grilled cheese? So many people have different answers, The post We Answered The Age Old […]
- Your American Friends Will Absolutely Lose Their Minds With These 7 Unique Things Only Available In Canadaby Trending on April 6, 2022
If you are looking for some unique products that are only available in Canada then we have your back. Some The post Your American Friends Will Absolutely Lose Their […]
- Sudbury Municipal Election Registration Starts In A Month & We Can’t Wait To See Who Is Runningby Trending on April 3, 2022
The next municipal election in Greater Sudbury will take place this October, however candidates will soon be able to register The post Sudbury Municipal Election […]
- The Sudbury Five Trounce The Flint United In Styleby Trending on April 3, 2022
The Sudbury Five basketball team took to the court here in Sudbury last night and trounced the visiting Flint United The post The Sudbury Five Trounce The Flint United […]