The Ontario Government announced today that the Federal government will be supplying them with an additional 90,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine. These additional Pfizer vaccines will come within the next 2 weeks and will be given out to select hospitals across the province.
The Doug Ford lead Ontario Government has decided that they will be giving out the vaccine to regions in the province with the highest rates of COVID-19 infection. This would leave Greater Sudbury behind for this round of the COVID-19 vaccine as the area is managing the virus strongly compared to other regions across the province.
The province will roll out the vaccine to an additional 17 hospitals across Ontario and among them will be Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. Thunder Bay which has a much higher rate of COVID-19 infection has had a total of 483 cases with 109 active cases and a total of 14 deaths. The Northern Ontario city also has had 14 people die of the disease since it started.
These will be the next spots in Ontario that get the Pfizer Vaccine:
Windsor Regional Hospital
London Health Sciences Centre
Grand River Hospital
Hamilton Health Sciences
William Osler Health System
Trillium Health Partners
Southlake Regional Health Centre
Humber River Hospital
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Michael Garron Hospital
Unity Health Toronto
Scarborough Health Network
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
“This expanded distribution list is fantastic news and allows us to continue to test and refine our vaccination rollout plan,” said General Rick Hillier.
“This is the next important step that gets us ready for all of Ontario in 2021.”
Even though Sudbury is being responsible with the health measures we hope that we will not be punished because of it. No one has said anything about when Sudbury will receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioby Trending on February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]
- The Trailer For The New Netflix Notorious B.I.G. Documentary Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell’ Looks Unbelievable – Watch It Hereby Trending on February 17, 2021
After four years in the making, Netflix is set to release ‘Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell’, the first-ever estate authorized documentary about the life and times of […]
- The Cedar Nest Reopens As Downtown Sudbury’s Newest Fine Dining Restaurant & It Sounds Amazingby Trending on February 17, 2021
From a former café to Sudbury’s new restaurant for fine dining, the Cedar Nest has reinvented itself for 2021. Local restaurateur Suzette Peters opened the Cedar Nest […]
- Now That Sudbury Is In The Orange Zone This Is What You Need To Knowby Trending on February 17, 2021
Greater Sudbury has finally moved into the orange zone on the provincial Covid-19 scale. In this zone a number of activities are now permitted, but there are still a […]