Greater Sudbury is looking like it is at the back of the line with regards to the Covid-19 vaccine rollout.
Health Canada approved the Covid-19 vaccine in December and parts of Ontario have already received their first jab in the arm. That isn’t the case for the Greater Sudbury, as we have yet to see any vaccinations in the area.
Public Health Sudbury and Districts has roughly 200,000 people in it and encompasses a large and diverse geographical area. Out of the 200,000 people the city has really done a fair job on handling the severity of the pandemic.
To date the PHSD reporting area has had 410 cases of the disease and we currently have 73 active cases in the reporting area. With all of these cases as of late, it may just surprise you that most local politicians are quiet about the vaccine roll-out and/or the access Sudburians have to the drug.
That silence hasn’t gone unnoticed and what also hasn’t gone unnoticed is the tenacity of the Premier of Ontario Doug Ford. During a recent press conference, Doug Ford clearly expressed his frustration with how the vaccine roll out was happening. Going further, Ford has even reached out to the president of Phizer Canada for explanations.
Doug Ford wants to get the residents of the province vaccinated so Ontario can open up and get Canada’s economic engine revving again. With the pressure being placed on families and businesses in Northern Ontario, it was exciting to see a Premier stand up for the people of this province and take the time to find out what is actually going on.
In response to the phone call made by Doug Ford to Pfizer Canada president Cole Pinnow, Phizer promised to keep the Ontario Premier in the loop in regards to future changes.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Hourby Trending on February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is hiring and, believe it or not, […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Listby Trending on February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a ‘top 10 Covid rules to live by’ list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceby Trending on February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioby Trending on February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]