The day may have been dubbed “Blackout Friday” for Rogers customers, but the Rogers service outage that took place on Friday July 8th, 2022 was no laughing matter. The outage paralyzed cellular communication for roughly half of Canadian cell phone users.
If you are a Rogers customer then you know exactly how it felt not being able to make or receive calls or access internet. Even if you aren’t a Rogers customer you were probably affected as well by the outage. If you had tried to use interact at a number of businesses such as A&W or the LCBO you were unable to.
However have no fear because in a message from Rogers President and CEO the company says that they will be applying a credit to your Rogers account and that it will be automatically applied to your account and no actions required from you.
The entire message from the Rogers President and CEO can be read below or accused by clicking the link here.
To our valued customers and all Canadians,
I am reaching out to share that our services have been restored, and our networks and systems are close to fully operational. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor for any remaining intermittent issues. I also want to outline an action plan we are putting in place to address what happened.
I also want to share what we know about what happened yesterday. We now believe we’ve narrowed the cause to a network system failure following a maintenance update in our core network, which caused some of our routers to malfunction early Friday morning. We disconnected the specific equipment and redirected traffic, which allowed our network and services to come back online over time as we managed traffic volumes returning to normal levels.
We know how much our customers rely on our networks and I sincerely apologize. We’re particularly troubled that some customers could not reach emergency services and we are addressing the issue as an urgent priority.
We will proactively credit all customers automatically for yesterday’s outage. This credit will be automatically applied to your account and no action is required from you.
As CEO, I take full responsibility for ensuring we at Rogers earn back your full trust, and am focused on the following action plan to further strengthen the resiliency of our network:
- Fully restore all services: While this has been nearly done, we are continuing to monitor closely to ensure stability across our network as traffic returns to normal.
- Complete root cause analysis and testing: Our leading technical experts and global vendors are continuing to dig deep into the root cause and identify steps to increase redundancy in our networks and systems.
- Make any necessary changes: We will take every step necessary, and continue to make significant investments in our networks to strengthen our technology systems, increase network stability for our customers, and enhance our testing.
We let you down yesterday. You have my personal commitment that we can, and will, do better.
President and CEO, Rogers Communications
The company may have said that they are going to compensate customers for the disruption, but they still haven’t released how much they are going to give you. This will probably be released at a later date given the fury of some of the customers.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- We Took A Taxi In Sudbury Last Weekend & This Is What We Thoughtby Trending on September 12, 2022
How long has it been since you took a taxi in Sudbury? This is a question we asked ourselves in The post We Took A Taxi In Sudbury Last Weekend & This Is What We […]
- A Car Smashed Right Into Brampton Mayor Candidates Campaign Officeby Trending on September 10, 2022
Last night, Brampton mayoral candidate Nikki Kaur had a car smash right into her campaign office. We wouldn’t really be The post A Car Smashed Right Into Brampton […]
- You Need To Try These 3 Home Hacks If You Are Feeling The New Season Vibeby Trending on September 9, 2022
Have you ever wondered what home hacks you can experiment with that will make you joyous? This is actually a The post You Need To Try These 3 Home Hacks If You Are […]
- What Does Sudbury Like More, Hello Fresh Or Chefs Plate?by Trending on September 6, 2022
When it comes to food in a box that gets delivered to your door Sudbury does have options. There are The post What Does Sudbury Like More, Hello Fresh Or Chefs Plate? […]
- You Can Now Fly Porter From Sudbury To Toronto & It’s Really Inexpensiveby Trending on September 4, 2022
Are you ready to travel again? How about flying, are you OK with that? If so then you will want The post You Can Now Fly Porter From Sudbury To Toronto & It’s […]