A recent survey by Abacus Data suggests that only 10% of Ontario residents strongly disapprove of Doug Ford’s Provincial Government.
The survey also noted that Ford’s popularity was on the decline; down from net +35 back in August to only +4 as of yesterday.
Regardless of the drop, the survey also found that if an election were held tomorrow, the Doug Ford lead Progressive Conservatives would still end up on top with 34% of the vote. That 34% is only down 2% from an earlier survey in October 2020. Out of the remaining parties, the Liberals have made a shift, up 10% since the last election in 2018 and the Andrea Horwath NDP has dropped by 6%.
Even though the positive impression of Doug Ford is 19% higher than it was pre-covid, he is going to have to work like an 800lb gorilla if he wants to hit the heights of the summer, where his overall positive impression reached 46%. There is no doubt that the approval and disapproval for the Ontario Premier is tied to the performance of his governments ability to handle the pandemic.
Political rivals might prefer Ontarians focus on other issues. Yesterday brought forth a strange implication from Toronto councillor Krystin Wong-Tam that Ford threatened the crew over at Pfizer with sexual abuse via firecracker. Woah.
Premier threatens to sexually assault someone, if he doesn't get what he wants. https://t.co/dIVOOoUN9B— Kristyn Wong-Tam (@kristynwongtam) January 19, 2021
Nonetheless, Doug Ford still remains Ontario’s most favoured party leader.
Here in Greater Sudbury we are currently sitting at 65 active cases out of a total of 402 cases. The total tests performed since the start of the pandemic is a whopping 142,091. Out of those 65 active cases we have 13 confirmed cases in the hospital.
Abacus Data surveyed 793 Ontario residents over the course of January 8 to 12, 2021.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Houron February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is now hiring and believe it or […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Liston February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a top 10 Covid rules to live by list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public and […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceon February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowon February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateon February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneon February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredon February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Iton February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioon February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]