A new study was released and the results say Doug Ford’s Progressive Conservatives are leading in Northern Ontario. The poll did not break down the information by riding but had Northern Ontario in general.
Campaign Research asked respondents an a series of questions between January 28-30, 2021, related to the pandemic. For the most part, the questions they asked were broken down into regions such as Ottawa, Eastern Ontario, Northern Ontario, City of Toronto, Halton & Peel, etc.
The results of the study were quite interesting, especially when it comes to lockdowns and the demographics of who support the Progressive Conservative Party.
You can find more information about details of the study right here.
When it came to the handling of the pandemic, the government got a passing grade with 57% of respondents feeling that the government has been doing a good job compared to 39% saying the government doing was doing a bad job.
The topic of vaccines was also on the table, as the study showed a majority of people in Ontario – 65 percent – understand its the federal governments responsibility to acquire the vaccines.
In somewhat of a surprising result, results showed an overwhelming majority of Ontario residents support the “State of Emergency” and “Stay-at-home” orders that were issued mid January.
Finally, the question was asked: which party you would likely vote for if a provincial election were held tomorrow?
Out of those who responded to the study in Northern Ontario it was found that 31% would vote for the Progressive Conservatives, 28% would vote for NDP, 16% would vote Liberal and 12% were undecided. The remaining percentages would either vote for Greens, another party or refuse.
The Doug Ford lead Conservatives seem to also do better with females. The study found that with females the PC party gets 40% of the support from those between the ages of 35-54 and with females aged 55 and older, the number is at 46%.
Provincially, the numbers look even better for Doug Ford’s Progressive Conservatives, especially for decided voters.
The question was also asked: which Party would you most likely vote for if a provincial election were held tomorrow?
In Northern Ontario it showed the PC Party climb to 36%, but for all of Ontario the number is 44%. The study also suggests that this could mean a 13 seat pick-up for the Doug Ford Progressive Conservatives.
The entire 2021-02-01 Toronto Star Ontario Omnibus can be found right here if you want to take a deeper look into the numbers and see what questions were asked.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Hourby Trending on February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is now hiring and believe it or […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Listby Trending on February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a top 10 Covid rules to live by list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public and […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceby Trending on February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioby Trending on February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]