New comer city councillor Geoff McCausland and second term councillor Mark Signoretti have their motion for downtown arena renos defeated spectacularly before their eyes. The motion was in regards renovations to the downtown Sudbury arena and was a one more desperate attempt by the two to halt the Kingsway Entertainment District.
It seems like instead of wasting their time on a motion that was going no where, the two councillors may be better serving their constituents by allocating more time in running their wards.
It has been some time now since the City of Greater Sudbury approved the KED project and unfortunately the two councillors can’t come to grips with the reality of the previous decision.
The members’ motion was brought forward by Councillors McCausland and Signoretti that asked the city staff to take a look at the option of renovating the downtown arena. This seemed like another last ditch effort to try and halt the popular KED project that has seen some very vocal opposition by a small group of residents that seem to have nothing better to do.
These two councillors wanted the city to waste more time and money looking into a project that came out of no where during the COVID-19 lockdown earlier this year.
Instead of spending time debating issues that would bring positive outcomes to the taxpayers and residents of the City of Greater Sudbury, council had to debate this nonsensical motion.
It appeared at times that the two councillors were reminiscent of the children’s book Henny Penny. That is the story of Chicken Little who was always proclaiming that the sky is falling, which is something some of these councillors would like everyone to believe.
Like everything else that was a waste of time regarding the opposition to the KED, so was this. In the end with an absent Mayor Brian Bigger, the motion was defeated with a hung 6-6 vote.
Voting in favour
Voting against the motion
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Hourby Trending on February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is now hiring and believe it or […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Listby Trending on February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a top 10 Covid rules to live by list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public and […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceby Trending on February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioby Trending on February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]