With the roller coaster of 2020 coming to a close, Greater Sudbury Mayor Brian Bigger has some big ambitions for our city in the upcoming year. Greater Sudbury has some transformational projects on the horizon.
With the recent Kingsway Entertainment District LPAT decision finally coming to a close, you can just get the feeling that we are ready to burst at the seams in 2021.
This is why we decided to reach out to the office of Greater Sudbury’s Mayor, Brian Bigger. We wanted to see what Mayor Bigger wants for Greater Sudbury in 2021 and he didn’t disappoint.
Top 5 List from Mayor Bigger of things that the Mayor wants for Greater Sudbury in 2021
1) That everyone in Greater Sudbury has the opportunity to be vaccinated against COVID-19, setting us on track for economic recovery, investment attraction and job creation.
2) Affordable housing and the mental health and addictions support our city desperately needs from Queen’s Park.
3) That all three partners in the Kingsway Entertainment District are ready to put shovels in the ground and finally get construction started on each important part of this dynamic project.
4) A cleaner, safer, more desirable downtown that will be a regional destination for arts, culture, business and entertainment with the grand opening of Le Place Des Arts and the start of construction of the Junction East project.
5) Continued progress and investment in our Community Energy and Emissions Plan as well as investments in popular walking and cycling destinations like Bell Park, Fielding Memorial Park and Delki Dozzi Park.
These are certainly some ambitious plans for Greater Sudbury. If there was a city that could pull through and turn these hopes into a reality, it’s the City of Greater Sudbury.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceon February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowon February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateon February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneon February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredon February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Iton February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioon February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]
- The Trailer For The New Netflix Notorious B.I.G. Documentary Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell’ Looks Unbelievable – Watch It Hereon February 17, 2021
After four years in the making, Netflix is set to release ‘Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell’, the first-ever estate authorized documentary about the life and times of […]
- The Cedar Nest Reopens As Downtown Sudbury’s Newest Fine Dining Restaurant & It Sounds Amazingon February 17, 2021
From a former café to Sudbury’s new restaurant for fine dining, the Cedar Nest has reinvented itself for 2021. Local restaurateur Suzette Peters opened the Cedar Nest […]