What’s cracking at Greater Sudbury’s Tim Horton’s theses days? Freshly, cracked eggs.
As part of the Tim Hortons “back-to-basics strategy” of elevating the quality of their menu items. In this case, they’re removing the ‘rubber’ pucks and including freshly, cracked eggs on their breakfast sandwiches.
“Guests loved the change and they couldn’t wait for today’s official launch,” says Chef Tallis Voakes, the new Culinary Lead at Tim Hortons, in a release.
“Tims is committed to delivering better food quality across the board and that’s really exemplified by the move to freshly cracked eggs, along with the other important changes we made with elevating the bacon and English muffins and buttery biscuits for our breakfast sandwiches. There are more amazing food changes coming to Tim Hortons this year and I’m so excited for guests from coast to coast to coast to try them.”
Good news for drive-thru breakfast goers is also good news for the Egg Farmers of Canada, who have partnered up with Tim Hortons on this one. All eggs for the Tim Hortons Breakfast Sandwich will be sourced from Canadian egg farmers. They’ll also be displaying the Egg Quality Assurance (EQA) certification mark, which signifies the use of top-quality Canadian eggs that meet all food and safety standards.
“We are thrilled that Tim Hortons is displaying our Egg Quality Assurance certification mark on their advertisements for freshly cracked menu offerings, showcasing their commitment to sourcing high quality Canadian eggs and supporting the 1,100 hardworking Canadian egg farmers who produce them every day to world-class standards,” said Roger Pelissero, Chair of Egg Farmers of Canada in the same release.
Late last year, Tim Hortons introduced introduced crispier, naturally smoked bacon and new fluffy, buttered English muffins as part of their breakfast sandwich revamp.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Crosscut Distillery Just Won A Ton Of Awards & You Will Want To Check Them Out Immediatelyon February 26, 2021
If you haven’t heard about Sudbury’s very own Crosscut Distillery, you’re about to. In a recent National Artisan Spirit Competition, Crosscut Distillery just took […]
- Covid-19 Vaccines Restart In Sudbury & This Is Who’s Getting Themon February 25, 2021
It’s been a long haul for Greater Sudbury when it comes to the Covid-19 vaccines. Before today the area that is covered by Public Health Sudbury & Districts has […]
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Houron February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is hiring and, believe it or not, […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Liston February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a ‘top 10 Covid rules to live by’ list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceon February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowon February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateon February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneon February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredon February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]