Doug Ford addressed not only the people of Ontario today but also big box stores.
Ford promised tighter restrictions on retailers, vowing to be on the big box stores like an 800 lb gorilla should they violate the new, harsher measures he and his government have put in place.
The new measures include restricting hours of business and increased enforcement by way of inspection blitzes. Additonal announcements were made concerning Ford’s decision to make the current lockdown more strict and extend it until at least February 10th.
To the credit of the Ford government they have also put in some measures to help struggling families at this time. The Ford government is also leaving kids in the classrooms in Northern Ontario, which is considered by many to be a good thing.
As cases and hospitalizations creep up in the Nickel City however, the Provincial government wants to ensure we in the North stay relatively successful in the fight against Covid-19.
The day Greater Sudbury and the surrounding area was suppose to move into the green zone of Ontario the Ford Government decided to put all of Ontario into a lockdown. This round of the lockdown was installed in hopes to stop the spread that people may have contributed too during Christmas.
BUY NOW 800lb Gorilla T-Shirt
However we in Sudbury have seen an uptick in cases with many of them being elderly. Health Sciences North has also seen an uptick in admissions due to the coronavirus. The hospital was at zero just last week and now has 9 confirmed Covid-19 cases in its units, none of which are listed as in ICU.
However, it is not known what part of the province these cases come from. Just last week the government said how they were going to start transporting patients from hotspots where hospitals are filling up to other communities that have seen less spread of the potentially deadly virus. Unfortunately for now we in Sudbury have to comply with these strict measures as there is no date when the vaccinations will start for the people of the Nickel City.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Hourby Trending on February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is now hiring and believe it or […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Listby Trending on February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a top 10 Covid rules to live by list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public and […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceby Trending on February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioby Trending on February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]