Everything is on the table today when the Ontario Premier, Doug Ford, meets with Ontario hospital leaders. The meeting will also include Christine Elliott, Ontario’s Health Minister and Dr. Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer.
The emergency meeting is being held in the wake of a mountain of surging cases of COVID-19 in Ontario. Ontario hospital leaders have been expressing grave concern about the trends and tolls that COVID-19 is taking on the medical system.
The magic number that the Ontario Hospital Association is looking at is a positivity rate of 40/100,000. In these cases the association is recommending a total lockdown for 4 weeks in these public health unit areas.
PURCHASE HERE: COVER YOUR NOSE CLOTH FACE MASK $19.99
The Ontario Hospital Association is reminding Doug Ford and the government of Ontario that Ontario is, “firmly caught in the grasp of a major second wave of COVID-19″.
The OHA is also warning that if the public chooses to ignore the advise from public health and if people choose to break these rules that the consequences could mean hospitals will become overwhelmed.
“Every health care system has its breaking point.” wrote the OHA
However, Doug Ford hasn’t said if these measures that the Ontario Health Association are proposing would affect Public Health Sudbury & Districts Health Unit. It shouldn’t because of the low case rate, but no decision has been made nonetheless.
Currently in Greater Sudbury’s health unit reporting area the number of active cases is at 10. This is a far drop from what we seen earlier when cases skyrocketed after halloween.
The total amount of cases so far in the Sudbury area is 250 with 240 resolved and 2 deceased. To break it down further, Public Health Sudbury & Districts represents Greater Sudbury, Sudbury District and Manitoulin Island.
The total number of cases for each are is as follows:
Greater Sudbury – 224
Sudbury District – 14
Manitoulin Island – 14
In the reporting area there are roughly 200,000 residents. The total test performed within the reporting area has been an astronomical 119,239.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceby Trending on February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021by Trending on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowby Trending on February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateby Trending on February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneby Trending on February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredby Trending on February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Itby Trending on February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioby Trending on February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]
- The Trailer For The New Netflix Notorious B.I.G. Documentary Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell’ Looks Unbelievable – Watch It Hereby Trending on February 17, 2021
After four years in the making, Netflix is set to release ‘Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell’, the first-ever estate authorized documentary about the life and times of […]
- The Cedar Nest Reopens As Downtown Sudbury’s Newest Fine Dining Restaurant & It Sounds Amazingby Trending on February 17, 2021
From a former café to Sudbury’s new restaurant for fine dining, the Cedar Nest has reinvented itself for 2021. Local restaurateur Suzette Peters opened the Cedar Nest […]