With all of the rumours flying around about Ward 9 City Councillor Deb McIntosh’s ambitions to be the next Mayor of Greater Sudbury, she has firmly flip-flopped from her 2017 position on the KED and decided to tweet support for Fern Cormier’s recent rant about stopping it altogether.
The two-term councillor who once sat on the board of the Downtown BIA is now coming out against the KED after voting for it in 2017. Deb isn’t the first one to seemingly flip-flop on the issue either. In recent months a number of councillors have expressed concern over the project.
Coincidentally, this newfound public position against the KED comes after an historic ruling by LPAT which dismissed all of the complaints against the project. This right turn by Councillor McIntosh is also in direct contrast to what Mayor Brian Bigger had hoped for in 2021.
This latest change of heart by the Ward 9 councillor also sets up a clear difference in the directions the two representatives have for the city.
With the next municipal election looming in 2022, we could see a shift in policy and heels being dug in by councillors who want to disassociate with the direction the city is currently heading.
In 2017, Greater Sudbury city council, including Ward 9 Councillor Deb McIntosh, voted 10-2 in favour of the Kingsway Entertainment District.
Only time will tell which other councillors are ready to chance their political futures, flip-flopping on the issue.
Trending Sudbury Find out what’s trending in Sudbury!
- Science North Is Hiring & It Pays Over $20 An Houron February 24, 2021
Have you ever wanted to work at the most popular tourist attraction in Greater Sudbury? Now could be your chance because Science North is hiring and, believe it or not, […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Now Has A Top 10 Covid Rules To Live By Liston February 24, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts now has a ‘top 10 Covid rules to live by’ list posted on its website. This section of their website is available to the public […]
- This 6-Minute Sudbury Secondary School Video From 1995 Is Dripping With Nostalgia Juiceon February 24, 2021
Sudbury Secondary School has brought us back in time with the release of a promotional video from way back. Recorded in 1995, the recently unearthed video features many […]
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill Wants You To Try These 5 Dishes Off Their Menu In 2021on February 23, 2021
Sudbury may still be in the midst of a pandemic but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill is still open and you can get some […]
- If You Want To Make Over $17/hr Then We Have 12 Sudbury Jobs You Can Get Right Nowon February 22, 2021
Are you looking for work during these crazy times? If you are then you would know that there are a number of jobs available in Greater Sudbury. This may sound strange […]
- Every Sudburian Absolutely Needs These 6 Spring Time Items Before It’s Too Lateon February 20, 2021
If the groundhog was right and it appears he was, spring is about to begin in Greater Sudbury. After all that people have gone through over thew past year nothing could […]
- New Free Activity Finder Available to Keep Kids Active From Scouts Canada & Hydro Oneon February 19, 2021
Scouts Canada and Hydro One have set up a new free Activity Finder to help families cut down on screen time and get outside. Created in partnership, the database […]
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts Reports 1,729 First Doses Of Covid-19 Vaccine Administeredon February 19, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is now reporting the number of first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. PHSD has started posting the information on their website in […]
- Salute Coffee Is Opening Another Location & We Couldn’t Be More Thrilled About Iton February 18, 2021
Sudbury’s local coffee house Salute is now opening another store. This will be the third location for the company. Set to open in the iconic Deluxe Hamburger […]
- Premier Ford Asks NDP Leader To Join Them In Supporting People Of Ontarioon February 17, 2021
Premier Doug Ford has had just about enough of NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Earlier today during a sitting of the Ontario Legislature the Premier asked Andrea Horwath to […]